Sunday, November 29, 2009

Googling Life Struggles

At a Glance

Who: Me
What: Wondering today if God really loves me.
Why: "Christian" by name leaves me feeling lost and alone.
Remembering: I am adopted--that makes me wanted, looked for, chosen, and my adoption fees were paid.


Google is a funny tool God loves to use to send answers to human questions.

Today, I Googled "knowing the Fathers will" knowing I'd left out the apostrophe. Immediately Google asked me if I meant "Father's". Just as I prepared to click on the one I meant, I saw "An introduction to your heavenly Father" and chose it.

"Father's Love Letter" was there. (Had I originally typed "Father's" I would not have seen this site--I checked.)

Somehow, I think growing up in a religious family is one of the most detrimental things that coul have happenedd to me. (Religious families are parented by a parent or parents who go through the motions of knowing God, while acting more like the other guy.)

As a result kids are warped by the lack of connection or the severance of a connection with God, and it is a major struggle to find Him and connect or reconnect.

When I once Googled "What must I do to be saved?" Google said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved."

I believed but still felt so disconnected.

The Father's Love Letter today reminded me that I am child who was stolen by the enemy and given a phony birth certificate. Thank God for the letter that reminded me that Someone loved me so much He came looking for me, sent His only biological Kid with the money to pay for my adoption.

I was adopted by a King!

I was wanted, looked for, chosen, and all adoption fees were paid. And, my birth certificate was changed the moment I believed it!

I'm the King's kid--heir to all of His best stuff--His promises, His blessings--everything, forever. The enemy cannot get me back unless I DECIDE to go back to him.

What a thought.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely lvoe the sentiments expressed here. YOu're right, we got "through the motions" without really understanding whose children we are!
    Can I share this with folks on facebook?

    ReplyDelete