Sunday, November 1, 2009

I'm Not Gonna be Able to do It!

Who: Me
What: Critiquing a blog post
When: Each week
Where: Online Blogs
Why: An attempt to help--but I cannot do it.


BLOG IN PROGESS 11/5/09
Who decided it would be a good idea to read/comment on/critique other student's blogs?

I cannot do it; I am a mother. I cannot hurt children.

As a rookie, I thought it would be helpful to have someone read 'over my shoulder', give me helpful criticism.

After reading a few blogs, I decided that I will have to write two blogs a week. WHY?

I cannot tell a young

writer the wrong version of a word was used "to"; there should be a comma here, lowercase "s" on the word student, etc. I feel like I'm back in the classroom with a red pen!

If they are like me, they are so focused on getting the "At a Glance", headline, nut graf, and conclusion -- the mechanics of it, that they forget the basics.

1 comment:

  1. Alethea,
    What a virtue to be so kind-hearted. Critiques don't necessarily have to be "critical." Sometimes you will find a blog post that really connects with something in your own life. In that case, it's a wonderful starting point for your own commentary.
    -rob-

    ReplyDelete